After 37 years, we can confidently say that we’ve never met a kid who doesn’t like making their own choices. That said, some kids – usually our younger campers – need a little help getting used to their newfound freedom. After all, many children spend lots of time in programs with rigid schedules where the adults are telling you what to do.
That’s why we developed Launchpad. All camp activities are available to Launchpad campers – we do not limit opportunities to campers just because they might be younger or newer to Steve & Kate’s. But with that being said, Launchpad campers do have additional guidance available from our hand-picked Launchpad staff and “launchpads” in each camp area.
Our “Launchpads” are jumping off points for your child where they can try out more simplified versions of the camp area itself before going in head first. This way, they can get an idea of what happens in that camp area and know what to expect when entering further. While our youngest campers (ages 4-5) are automatically put into Launchpad, everyone is welcome and anyone can opt out at any time. Think of it as the shallow end of the pool, where kids can work their way up to the deep end, and dive in!
WHAT WILL LAUNCHPAD CAMPERS DO AT CAMP?
- Learn to trust their choices and themselves through self-guided learning and freedom.
- Work on stretching out their wings and getting ready to soar through our variety of studios and activities.
- Participate in group projects and other collaborative efforts with fellow Launchpad campers (if they so choose).
- Engage with our Launchpad staff members who will give snack and bathroom reminders, touch base on how their day is going, and help guide in projects and camp activities throughout the day.
- Remember! Launchpad campers can do all the same things that our other campers can do too. The Launchpad staff and Launchpad areas are there as resources for getting them adjusted to our structure! We think your kid is capable of literally *anything.
*Yes, we really do. However, we also know that many younger or newer campers might take a few days to warm up to that notion. Although not required, we highly suggest that Launchpad campers come for 5 consecutive days to really get into the flow of things. We have found that campers who come for multiple consecutive days find more success and satisfaction from their camp experience compared to those who only come for a day or two.
Campers must be 4 years old by their first day of camp. In addition to being 4 years old, all campers must be fully potty-trained, able to speak up for their needs (though we understand some warming up might need to happen), and get through the camp day without a nap. If this describes your child, please feel free to register. If not, we’d love to connect next summer!
Note: In Colorado, all campers must be 5 by their first day due to state requirements. Not sure if camp is right for your child? Give us a call. We’d love to talk to you personally.