Let's give kids the freedom they deserve.
As a parent of two, I don't want to remove all challenges from the lives of my children. Instead, I want them to be safe, and I want them surrounded by people who care. Accordingly, Steve & Kate's Altadena is a safe, welcoming place where children are given resources to learn, explore, grow, and have fun. We're committed to giving campers the freedom to try new things, to start over, to choose where to go and what to do, and providing the help and encouragement they need to be the campers they want to be. - Collin
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
What can I expect?
- Unbiased adults who believe in your child's potential
- Freedom for children to design their own learning experience
- Immersive & creative studios with state-of-the-art equipment
- Healthy and delicious lunch and snacks (plus, kids can make their own!)
- First-aid and CPR-trained staff
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Altadena
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Jun 12 - Aug 11, 2017
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
The Pasadena Waldorf School has two campuses, therefore make certain that when you set your directions for Steve and Kate's Camp, Altadena, you are heading to the Parent-Child, Kindergarten, Lower & Middle School – Paquita Lick Machris Campus.Another note- Neighbors of Waldorf want to keep their neighborhood safe, so we ask that you please approach campus from the east and travel westbound (to avoid making a left into the campus). Thank you!
There are currently no events scheduled in your area. Sign up to our email list to receive updates on events.
Each day at camp, we feature at least one of three show stoppers from our lineup for campers to experience. Directors at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of these Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
Ready for summer?
Staff hosting program
Would you be interested in hosting international staff or staff from elsewhere in the US this summer? If so, we’re hoping to connect you with those staff members.