A summer of exploration and adventure
Some of my favorite childhood memories are from summer camp where I learned to believe in myself and got the sense that anything is possible. When presented the opportunity to run the Manhattan Beach Steve & Kate’s, I was excited at the thought of helping kids develop the confidence and sense of unlimited possibility that I got from camp. As I enter my second summer with Steve & Kate’s, I can't wait to share in new adventures and exploration with you and your family.
Unique things about this location
- The slip 'n' slide will be in operation during all hot days (75 degrees and higher). We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, a reusable water bottle and a towel, each day.
- You may want to send your children with their own helmets (bike, skateboard, scooter, etc.) to use for our radical new electric go-carts for the summer. For hygienic reasons, we will not be sharing helmets at this site in 2018.
- The daily food selections this year in LA are gonna be out of this world, created by one of those Food Network national competition winners.
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Manhattan Beach
- Curbside check-in/out will be open from 7:30-10am and again from 4-6:00pm. If you are dropping off and/or picking-up anytime between 10am-4pm please come to HQ located right inside the drop-off/pick-up gate.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Sports – Each day, we’ll offer a featured sport for campers of all ages and abilities, and we’ll also schedule other active games throughout the day to spice things up.
Soccer (AM) / Kickball (PM)
Dodgeball (AM) / Coneball (PM)
Hockey (AM) / Pillow Polo (PM)
Capture the Flag (AM) / Steal the Rubber Chicken (PM)
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their four Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
- Pizza - Classic slice of pizza with mozzarella & homemade sauce from Fill Good Catering. Vegan cheese available upon request.
- Spaghetti - Whole wheat spaghetti noodles with ground beef meat sauce. (DF,SF,EF) Gluten free & VG option available upon request.
- Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo - Fettuccine noodles with Chicken breast In alfredo sauce. (SF)
- Sweet n Sour Chicken - Stir-fried chicken topped with sweet and sour sauce served with white rice. (EF, DF, GF)
- Veggie Chow Mein - Stir-fried chow mein noodles with celery and carrots. (VG,EF,DF) Gluten free option available upon request.
- Taquitos - Baked beef taquitos served with side sour cream and guacamole. (EF, SF)
- Chicken Quesadilla - Shredded chicken with melted Mexican cheese in between flour tortilla served with side sour cream and guacamole. (SF,EF) Gluten-free & VG option available upon request.
- Lemongrass chicken - Baked chicken flavored with lemongrass served with white rice (SF,EF,DF,GF)
- Veggie Pad See Ew - Stir-fried thick rice noodles with egg and broccoli. (VG, DF)
- Chicken tenders - Baked chicken tenders served with dipping sauce (SF)
- Sliders - Angus beef patty topped with American Cheese served on a slider bun with a side of lettuce and tomatoes. Gluten & DF free option available upon request.
Jun 18 - Aug 17, 2018
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Please park on John Street and enter through the John Street entrance just South of the school's roundabout drop-off, (you will see our smiling staff and check-in/out stands). Please do NOT enter through the Pacific Avenue entrance.
Buy 1 or more$110 per day
Buy 5 or more$100 per day
Buy 20 or more$90 per day
Membership$2,700 per child
(44 days of camp)