Free to be.
I became a Self-Director at Steve & Kate's because I was a kid who needed a camp like this. Kids have every right to be exactly who they want to be, even if it doesn't fit a mold sometimes. Here at Kips Bay, we create a safe space for kids to explore, fail, and try again with a smile on their face. We cultivate a sense of community where campers feel taken care of and heard. This is vital when asking kids to trust us and themselves to step out of their comfort zones. Lastly, I set a pretty high goofball standard, which I challenge any camper to match!- Jess
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
What can I expect?
- Unbiased adults who believe in your child's potential
- Freedom for children to design their own learning experience
- Immersive & creative studios with state-of-the-art equipment
- Healthy and delicious lunch and snacks (plus, kids can make their own!)
- First-aid and CPR-trained staff
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Manhattan - Kips Bay
- This location requires additional paperwork to be submitted before your first day of camp. Please check the online orientation for more information.
- We'll be using the first and second floors only this year. This means more studio space, less stairwell confusion, and regular access to the amazing outdoor playground right on the East River.
- Instead of the Breadmaking Studio, we'll be piloting the Sushi Studio. Get ready to roll!
- Our host school maintains their security during the summer. As you arrive, there is a check point - be prepared to show ID!
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Camp dates coming soon.
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Curbside Drop Off: On campus parking is limited to UNIS approved vehicles but there is limited street parking, parking at Waterside Plaza, and parking under the FDR. There is not parking in front of the school. NYPD will be actively patrolling the front and booting cars parked there.
Public Transit: The N,R,4,5,6 and the M15SBS, M34, M23 are all within easy walking distance.
If you're coming from Brooklyn or LIC we recommend the East River Ferry.
There are currently no events scheduled in your area. Sign up to our email list to receive updates on events.
Each day at camp, we feature at least one of three show stoppers from our lineup for campers to experience. Directors at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of these Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
Details coming soon.
Ready for summer?
Staff hosting program
Would you be interested in hosting international staff or staff from elsewhere in the US this summer? If so, we’re hoping to connect you with those staff members.