Free to be.
I became a Self-Director at Steve & Kate's because I was a kid who needed a camp like this. Kids have every right to be exactly who they want to be, even if it doesn't fit a mold sometimes. Here at Kips Bay, we create a safe space for kids to explore, fail, and try again with a smile on their face. We cultivate a sense of community where campers feel taken care of and heard. This is vital when asking kids to trust us and themselves to step out of their comfort zones. Lastly, I set a pretty high goofball standard, which I challenge any camper to match!
347-486-5928 | [email protected]
Unique things about this location
- We'll be using the first and second floors only this year. This means more studio space, less stairwell confusion, and regular access to the amazing outdoor playground right on the East River.
- Instead of the Breadmaking Studio, we'll be piloting the Sushi Studio. Get ready to roll!
- Designated Smart Kart obstacle track!
- Water Play is guaranteed to be available on hot days! We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- EVEN BETTER Game Room than last year! ...Yea, I said it.
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Manhattan - Kips Bay
- This location requires additional paperwork to be submitted before your first day of camp. Please check the online orientation for more information.
- Our host school maintains their security during the summer. As you arrive, there is a check point - be prepared to show ID!
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Sports – Each day, we’ll offer a featured sport for campers of all ages and abilities, and we’ll also schedule other active games throughout the day to spice things up.
Soccer & Kickball
Dodgeball & Coneball
Hockey & Pillow Polo
Capture the Flag & Steal the Rubber Chicken
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their four Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
Jun 25 - Aug 24, 2018
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Check out these other Manhattan sites with different camp dates:Upper East Side - (Jun 18 - Aug 17)Upper West Side - (Jun 18 - Aug 17)
Curbside Drop Off: On campus parking is limited to UNIS approved vehicles but there is limited street parking, parking at Waterside Plaza, and parking under the FDR. There is not parking in front of the school. NYPD will be actively patrolling the front and booting cars parked there.
Public Transit: The N,R,4,5,6 and the M15SBS, M34, M23 are all within easy walking distance.
If you're coming from Brooklyn or LIC we recommend the East River Ferry.
Buy 1 or more$130 per day
Buy 5 or more$110 per day
Buy 20 or more$100 per day
Membership$3,000 per child
(44 days of camp)
Ready for summer?
While you can reserve your spot whenever it suits you, it’s hugely appreciated if you can give us an early indication if you’re coming. As a thank you, anyone registered by May 1st will automatically be entered in a contest to win their choice of the following activities featured at camp this summer:
- Actev Go Kart – the first electric smart-kart for kids
- Holy Stone Drone + iPad mini – drone with video feed to mobile device
- Jumparoo Deluxe – backyard water jump as seen on Shark Tank
- Anki Over Drive + iPad mini – toy of the year slot car controlled by mobile device