A POWERFUL PHILOSOPHY
I became a Self-Director at Steve & Kate's because I love helping children harness the power of their imagination and build confidence in themselves that they can carry with them for the rest of their lives. Steve & Kate's Camp's philosophy aligns with my own and I can't wait to have your family be a part of it all.
510-254-3720 | [email protected]
Unique things about this location
- Camp 510 also operates on the same campus - please be sure to check parking instructions to be sure you come to our entrance!
- Weather permitting, water activities are on Thursdays and Fridays (or on especially hot days, as needed). We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- During our last week we will move our activities into tents outside in order to allow the teachers back into their classrooms. We'll have all the same activities, but our layout will be different.
- Most classrooms do not have AC, but the air flows pretty well.
- Oakland is one of the larger sites in the Bay Area. If you are looking for a smaller experience, you may consider the Berkeley campus.
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Oakland
- Parking can be a little challenging as there are only a handful of designated spots for parents to park in the lot. There is also nearby street parking available. Parents should plan on giving themselves a little extra time each morning.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Sports – Each day, we’ll offer a featured sport for campers of all ages and abilities, and we’ll also schedule other active games throughout the day to spice things up.
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their four Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
- Pizza - A classic slice of cheese pizza.
- Sandwich - Choice of nitrate and nitrite free turkey, ham, and cheddar on a ciabatta roll with condiments on the side. (EF, possible to make VG, GF and DF)
- Hot dog - All-beef dog raised w/o antibiotics and free of phosphates, nitrates and nitrites. Condiments on the side. (EF, DF, possible to make GF)
- Veggie Asian Rice Bowl - Brown rice, carrots, zucchini, broccoli and BBQ sauce from Panetto Kitchen. (VG, GF)
- Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl - Chicken with brown rice, fresh ginger, and gluten free soy sauce from Panetto Kitchen. (GF)
- Cheese Ravioli - Made with alfredo sauce, green peas, and parmesan cheese from Panetto Kitchen. (VG)
- Pasta and Meatballs - Made with tomato sauce from Panetto Kitchen. (can be made with GF rice noodles and/or VG)
- BBQ Bowl - Pork with Mashed Potatoes, corn, and BBQ sauce from Panetto Kitchen. (DF, GF)
- Veggie BBQ Bowl - Cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, mashed potatoes and BBQ sauce from Panetto Kitchen. (VG, GF, DF)
- Hamburger - Classic beef burger on a bun from Panetto Kitchen. (DF, Can be made with a GF bun)
- Mac-n-cheese - Made with cheddar and mozzarella cheese from Panetto Kitchen. (VG, and GF option available)
- Bean and Cheese Burrito - Whole grain rice, black beans, mozzarella, cheddar cheese in a wheat tortilla from Panetto Kitchen. (VG, SF)
- Chicken Tamale - Made with chicken, white corn, and a hint of lime from Panetto Kitchen. (DF, GF)
Jun 18 - Aug 24, 2018
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Check out these other East Bay sites with different camp dates:
Berkeley - (Jun 11 - Aug 10)
Walnut Creek - (Jun 11 - Aug 17)
The camp entrance is at the 44th Street gate, at 44th St and Shafter Ave. Please park either in the small parking lot or on the street and walk to the camp entrance.
Buy 1 or more$110 per day
Buy 5 or more$100 per day
Buy 20 or more$90 per day
Membership$2,700 per child
(49 days of camp)
Ready for summer?
While you can reserve your spot whenever it suits you, it’s hugely appreciated if you can give us an early indication if you’re coming. As a thank you, anyone registered by May 1st will automatically be entered in a contest to win their choice of the following activities featured at camp this summer:
- Actev Go Kart – the first electric smart-kart for kids
- Holy Stone Drone + iPad mini – drone with video feed to mobile device
- Jumparoo Deluxe – backyard water jump as seen on Shark Tank
- Anki Over Drive + iPad mini – toy of the year slot car controlled by mobile device