Join our Engineering Team
Steve & Kate’s is looking for a full-time Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our small but mighty engineering team, based in San Francisco, CA. You’ll be building operational and educational software for our camp experience and beyond. Our software delights tens of thousands of children and their families, all over the country.
You’ll be joining a team of highly-experienced builders with startup backgrounds from companies such as Carbon Five and Twitter. We’re also really nice people.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from groups currently underrepresented in tech to apply.
What you’ll do
- Work with program, visual, and product designers to quickly prototype and iterate on new features for a variety of projects that kids, parents, and staff will interface with.
- Write front-end React, React Native, and Rails code and tests.
- Write back-end Node, Express, GraphQL, and Rails code and tests.
- Help architect our web and mobile applications, API services.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Document the systems you build.
- Help prioritize work with the team through an Agile process.
- Work with our Customer Support team and camp staff to triage and fix bugs.
- At least 5 years experience developing and maintaining customer-facing applications in a server-side application framework (Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Django, etc.) in production, high-availability environments.
- SQL, general database knowledge, production database administration experience
- Understanding of testing principles
- You write code that can easily be understood by others with an eye towards clarity and maintainability.
- Experience working within an Agile process
- Understanding of foundational Computer Science concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Experience building applications in React
- Experience in iOS, Swift, React Native
- Interest in CSS
- Experience in small startup environments
- A passion for education
- Can code while wearing a moose costume
- Take all the time-off you need
- San Francisco office with flexible remote work policy
- Free camp days to use, gift, or donate
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K + employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Apple laptop and any other equipment you need
- Monthly phone stipend
We want to hear from you so please email us. We read every email at least once.