In keeping with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) ‒ the law that protects children’s online privacy ‒ and the guidelines of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Steve & Kate’s Camp limits the collection of personal information from children. We do not collect personal information from children from our Website. Campers participating in our various Studio programs, however, may upload projects they have created in these programs (using an app on an iPad) to your (their parent’s) personal secured account with Steve & Kate’s Camp for your own viewing, and these projects could contain personal information of your child (e.g., image or voice). Additionally, these projects could be shared with other campers, parents/guardians of other campers, staff members, and third party contractors of Steve & Kate’s Camp as well as with third parties who may receive your child’s information from other parents/guardians whose children collaborate, participate, or were included on projects with your child. Because of this, during our registration process, we ask for your consent in order that your child may participate in the Studio programs. We also ask that you agree to indemnify Steve & Kate’s Camp, together with all its affiliates, employees, and directors, from and against any claims or losses arising from or related to any action by you in sharing any camper’s information to any third party. If you decline to agree to the terms mentioned above, then your child will not be able to register for Steve & Kate’s Camp.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECTWe get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us When Registering. If you register your child or children for Steve & Kate’s Camp, we collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, password; and we collect billing information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date, etc.), information regarding your children’s birthdate, school and health information, and other information you directly give us on our Website.
- Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Website.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer when you visit our Website, as explained in more detail below. This includes computer operating system type, browser type and language, how long you spent on a page, access times, geo location, and information about your use of and actions on our Website.
- Log files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit website pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
- Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Website or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
USES OF INFORMATIONWe use your personal information as follows:
- – We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Website, products, and services. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us when registering, we will send you a confirmation email which summarizes the information you provided to us during registration and the consent, release, and waiver that you have agreed to when registering.
- – We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards (we have a contest in which we give various prizes to a registrant who uses ACH for registration).
- – We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- – We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- – We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and selected partners. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see “Opting Out,” below.
- – We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- – We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- – We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services that you, our customers, request.
SHARING OF INFORMATIONWe do not sell or share your personal information with other third parties, other than sharing aggregate demographic information to the extent necessary with our own contractors to provide or improve our Website or services, including a credit card processing company to process your credit card payment. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes. We may share personal information as follows:
- – We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. In such a case, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a notice on our Website of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- – We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
LEGAL DISCLAIMERWe reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
OPTING OUT, INFORMATION CHOICES, INFORMATION CHANGESIf you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at [email protected], or you may contact us at 415-389-5437 or 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111 to opt-out. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your registration, account, and our business dealings with you.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update your profile with us by logging into your account or by contacting us, as stated above.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you.
CALIFORNIA ‘DO NOT TRACK’ NOTICEWe do not track your website activities over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore we do respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements.
Address: 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
E-mail: [email protected]
Parental Notice Regarding the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we must provide you with direct notice before collecting “personal information” from your child. Effective July 1, 2013, the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) updated COPPA to reflect changes in technology, and now considers a photograph, video, or audio file containing a child’s image or voice to be a child’s “personal information.” For more information about COPPA, please visit www.coppa.org.
Nonetheless, because the projects are created by your child or other children of Steve & Kate’s Camp, the projects may contain your child’s image or voice, and may be uploaded by your child or other children of Steve & Kate’s Camp (rather than you) to our secured servers to your secured account and/or the secured account of any other parents/guardians whose children collaborated, participated, or were included on the project. The FTC may classify this as “collecting” and “disclosing” your child’s personal information. This is the only “personal information” that we may collect from your child for such purpose. It will not be used by us for any other purpose, disclosed, or combined with any other information from your child.
Your consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your child’s information as may appear in a photo, video, audio, or software application project(s) that your child creates, collaborates on, participates in, or was included in as part of the Studio programs. Your consent authorizes the collection, use, or disclosure of your child’s information as may appear in a photo, video, audio, or software application to campers, parents/guardians of campers, staff members, and third party contractors of Steve & Kate’s Camp as well as to third parties who may receive your child’s information from other campers or parents/guardians whose children collaborate, participate, or were included on projects with your child. By signing you consent to any and all recording of your child while s/he is in the Studio. We will not collect, use, or disclose any such information from your child if you do not consent. If you do not provide consent to the collection of your child’s personal information as described above, your child will not be able to register for Camp, and we will delete your online contact information from our records if it was provided by your child, and/or will not use your online contact information for the purposes stated in this notice. At any time, you may refuse to permit 1) your child’s participation in Steve & Kate’s Camp (including the Studio programs), 2) further use of your information or your child’s information by Steve & Kate’s Camp, or 3) further contact with your child, and request that we delete your information or your child’s information. To exercise any of your rights, please email us at [email protected], call us at 415-389-4537, or write us at Steve & Kate’s Camp, 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111.
CHANGES IN THIS COPPA STATEMENTWe may change this COPPA Notice. If we decide to change our COPPA notice, we will post those changes to this Website page, our Website homepage, or other places we deem appropriate. We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently.
This COPPA notice was last updated on August 23, 2017.