In keeping with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) ‒ the law that protects children’s online privacy ‒ and the guidelines of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Steve & Kate’s limits the collection of personal information from kids. We do not collect personal information from children from our Website. Campers participating in our Film Studio, Music Studio, Coding Studio, and Style Studio programs, however, will upload projects they have created in these programs (using a proprietary app on an iPad) to your (their parent’s) personal secured account with Steve & Kate’s for your own viewing, and these projects could contain personal information of your child (e.g., image or voice). Because of this, during our registration process, we ask for your consent in order that your child may participate in the Film Studio, Music Studio, Coding Studio, and Style Studio. If you decline to provide consent, then your child will not be able to register for the Camp.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECTWe get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us When Registering. If you register your child or children for our Camp, we collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, password; and we collect billing information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date, etc.), information regarding your children’s birthdate, school and health information, and other information you directly give us on our Website.
- Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Website.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address, geo location, and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Log files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. We automatically log information about you and your computer.
- Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
USES OF INFORMATIONWe use your personal information as follows:
- – We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us when registering, we will send you a confirmation email which summarizes the information you provided to us during registration and the consent, release, and waiver that you have agreed to when registering.
- – We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards (we have a contest in which we give a prize to a registrant who uses ACH for registration).
- – We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- – We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- – We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and selected partners. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see “Opting Out,” below.
- – We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- – We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- – We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services that you, our customers, request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe do not sell or share your personal information with other third parties, other than sharing aggregate demographic information to the extent necessary with our own contractors to provide or improve our site or services, including a credit card processing company to process your credit card payment. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes. We may share personal information as follows:
- – We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. In such a case, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a notice on our Web site of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- – We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
LEGAL DISCLAIMERWe reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
OPTING OUT, INFORMATION CHOICES, INFORMATION CHANGESIf you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at [email protected], or you may contact us at 415-389-5437 or 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111 to opt-out. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your registration, account, and our business dealings with you.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update your profile with us by logging into your account or updating your email preferences by clicking the link on the bottom of our marketing emails or by contacting us, as stated above.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you.
CALIFORNIA ‘DO NOT TRACK’ NOTICEWe do not track your website activities over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements.
Address: 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
E-mail: [email protected]
Parental Notice Regarding the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we must provide you with direct notice before collecting “personal information” from your child. Effective July 1, 2013, the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) updated COPPA to reflect changes in technology, and now considers a photograph, video, or audio file containing a child’s image or voice to be a child’s “personal information.” For more information about COPPA, please visit www.coppa.org.
Nonetheless, because the projects in the Film, Music, Coding, and Style Studios are created by your child, may contain your child’s image or voice, and are uploaded by your child (rather than you) to our secured servers to your secured account and the secured account of any other parents whose children collaborated on the project, the FTC may classify this as “collecting” and “disclosing” your child’s personal information. This is the only “personal information” that we may collect from your child. It will not be used for any other purpose, disclosed, or combined with any other information from your child.
Your consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure (to your account and the accounts of other parents whose children collaborate on projects with your child) of your child’s information as may appear in a photo, video, audio, or software application project that your child creates as part of the Film Studio, Music Studio. Coding Studio, and Style Studio. We will not collect, use, or disclose any such information from the child if you do not consent. If you do not provide consent to the collection of your child’s personal information in the Film Studio, Music Studio, Coding Studio, and Style Studio as described above, your child will not be able to register for Camp, and we will delete your online contact information from our records if it was provided by your child, and/or will not use your online contact information for the purposes stated in this notice. At any time, you may refuse to permit 1) your child’s participation in Camp (including our Film Studio, Music Studio, Coding Studio or Style Studio), 2) further use of your information or your child’s information, or 3) further contact with your child, and request that we delete your information or your child’s information. To exercise any of your rights, please email us at [email protected], call us at 415-389-5437, or write to us at 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111.