- In keeping with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) ‒ the law that protects children’s online privacy ‒ and the guidelines of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Steve & Kate’s Camp limits the collection of personal information from children. We do not collect personal information from children from our Website. Children participating in our various Studio programs in the preseason at promotional events (including at schools and camp fairs), and during the summer at our Camps, however, may upload projects they have created in these programs (using an app on an iPad) to your (their parent’s) email address via a secure link accessible from your email or your personal account with Steve & Kate’s Camp for your own viewing, and these projects could contain personal information of your child (e.g., image or voice). Additionally, these projects could be shared with other children, parents/guardians of other children, staff members, and third party contractors of Steve & Kate’s Camp as well as with third parties who may receive your child’s information from other parents/guardians whose children collaborate, participate, or were included on projects with your child. Because of this, prior to saving media at one of our preseason promotional events and/or during our registration process for camp, we ask for your consent in order for your child to participate in the Studio programs. Consent forms (print or electronic) will be provided to you prior to or at such events. We also ask that you agree to indemnify Steve & Kate’s Camp, together with all its affiliates, employees, and directors, from and against any claims or losses arising from or related to any action by you in sharing any child’s information to any third party. If you decline to agree to the terms mentioned above, then your child will not be able to participate in any preseason promotional events or register for Steve & Kate’s Camp.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us When Registering. If you register your child or children for Steve & Kate’s Camp, we collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, password; and we collect billing information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date, etc.), information regarding your children’s birth date, school and health information, and other information you directly give us on our Website.
- If you enter your personal information on our website, without registering for a class, we collect the information you enter which could include the items listed above, for the purpose of contacting you to inquire if you wish to complete registration. If you do not respond or if you respond that you do not wish to receive such e-mails, we will not send further communications to you but may store your personal information in an “Unsubscribe” list. For European residents subject to the GDPR, we will delete your information if you do not respond or if you respond that you do not wish to receive such e-mails.
- Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Website.
- Information Automatically Collected About Your Child(ren). While participating in our Studio programs, we automatically log some information about your child’s actions while using our software products, including visit counts, uploads, and content viewed, to improve usability and assess effectiveness for learning.
- Information Automatically Collected About You. We automatically log information about you and your computer when you visit our Website, as explained in more detail below. This includes computer operating system type, browser type and language, how long you spent on a page, access times, geolocation, and information about your use of and actions on our Website.
- Log files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit website pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
- Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Website or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
USES OF INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- – We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Website, products, and services. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us when registering, we will send you a confirmation email which summarizes the information you provided to us during registration and the consent, release, and waiver that you have agreed to when registering.
- – We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards (we have contests in which we give various prizes to a registrant who uses ACH for registration or who registers by a certain date.)
- – We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- – We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- – We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and selected partners. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see the “Opting Out” section below.
- – We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- – We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- – We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services that you, our customers, request.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We do not sell or share your personal information with other third parties, other than sharing aggregate demographic information to the extent necessary with our own contractors to provide or improve our Website or services, including a payment processing company to process your credit card and ACH payments and a moderation company to review photo and video content to make sure it’s appropriate, unless we have obtained specific consent from you to do so. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes. We may share personal information as follows:
- – We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. In such a case, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a notice on our Website of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- – We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
OPTING OUT, INFORMATION CHOICES, INFORMATION CHANGES
If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may contact us at 415-389-5437 or 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111 to opt-out. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your registration, account, and our business dealings with you. For European residents subject to the GDPR, we will delete your information upon request, and not send further emails to you.
If your personally identifiable information changes, if you wish to access your information or obtain a copy of it, or if you no longer desire our service or wish your personal information to be deleted, then you may access and update your profile (including personal information) with us by logging into your account or by contacting us, as stated above.
For European residents subject to the GDRP, if your personal data is processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR, you may lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities of your jurisdiction, who are obliged to inform you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. You also have the right of appeal to national courts against a legally binding decision concerning you made by a supervisory authority.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you.
CALIFORNIA ‘DO NOT TRACK’ NOTICE
We do not track your website activities over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore we do respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements.
Address: 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
Parental Notice Regarding the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
- Nonetheless, because the projects created by your child or other children may contain your child’s image or voice, and may be uploaded by your child or other children (rather than you) to our secured servers and shared to your email address or to your account and/or the email address or account of any other parents/guardians whose children collaborated, participated, or were included on the project the FTC may classify this as “collecting” and “disclosing” your child’s personal information. This is the only “personal information” that we may collect from your child for such purpose. It will not be used by us for any other purpose, disclosed, or combined with any other information from your child.
- Your consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your child’s information as may appear in a photo, video, audio, or software application project(s) that your child creates, collaborates on, participates in, or was included in as part of the Studio programs. Your consent authorizes the collection, use, or disclosure of your child’s information as may appear in a photo, video, audio, or software application to children, parents/guardians of children, staff members, and third party contractors of Steve & Kate’s Camp as well as to third parties who may receive your child’s information from other children or parents/guardians whose children collaborate, participate, or were included on projects with your child. By signing you consent to any and all recordings of your child while s/he is in the Studio. We will not collect, use, or disclose any such information from your child if you do not consent. If you do not provide consent to the collection of your child’s personal information as described above, your child will not be able to save media created at preseason promotional events or register for camp, and we will delete your online contact information from our records if it was provided by your child, and/or will not use your online contact information for the purposes stated in this notice. At any time, you may refuse to permit 1) your child’s participation in Steve & Kate’s Camp (including the Studio programs), 2) your child’s participation in preseason promotional events that Steve & Kate’s Camp hosts or participates in, 3) further use of your information or your child’s information by Steve & Kate’s Camp, or 4) further contact with your child, and request that we delete your information or your child’s information. To exercise any of your rights, please email us at email@example.com, call us at 415-389-4537, or write us at Steve & Kate’s Camp, 150 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111.
CHANGES IN THIS COPPA STATEMENT
We may change this COPPA Notice. If we decide to change our COPPA notice, we will post those changes to this Website page, our Website homepage, or other places we deem appropriate. We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently.
This COPPA notice was last updated on June 11th, 2018.