Steve & Kate's Santa Rosa
· DATES: Jun 12 - Aug 18, 2017
· ADDRESS: Sonoma Country Day School, 4400 Day School Place, Santa Rosa
So much more than camp, a community of connections.
When I joined the Steve & Kate's Camp team in 2012, I thought after the summer was over I would be moving onto a career in academia, teaching sociology. Within a week of being at camp, surrounded by curiosity and creativity with exuberant campers and counselors, I knew that this was a special place. I decided then and there, I wanted to continue to be a part of this special setting. Since that first summer, Steve & Kate's Camp has continued to be a community that I love being a part of. The connections we make with each other, the creations we get to share, the fun that is had by all... this is what keeps me coming back year after year. - Billy
Let's start a conversation »
Steve & Kate's was such an amazing place and opportunity for us; I am so grateful! My son started camp very nervous and shy about meeting new people and being in a totally new environment and ended the summer with incredible self-confidence and a new ability to self-start and play independently. I can't tell you what a huge impact camp has had on him--he told me the other day that he doesn't want to go to school, he just wants to go to Steve & Kate's forever! I have noticed such a huge change in him over the last few months, and I know the lessons learned at camp have stayed with him. He's found a strong interest in doing "projects": sewing, creating out of whatever materials we have laying around and he's able to stay engaged for so much longer than he was before he started camp. All of the counselors knew his name and made sure to say "hi" to him whenever they passed by--I'm so impressed with the enthusiasm and sweet care that they all took of him and all the kids. We have shouted our love for Steve & Kate's from the proverbial rooftops and are so excited that a few of his friends (as well as his little brother) will be joining him this summer--I can't wait for him to experience it again! --Melissa R. (Santa Rosa parent)
It was our first year at Steve and Kate's and we had reservations, after all, this was our first experience at summer camp... but we were over the moon when our son came home that first day and couldn't stop talking about how much he loved camp! What was equally amazing was the S&K staff, who knew his name (and ours) in a matter of days - goes to show they truly invest in each and every child there. Within the first week, I felt the sense of community and FUN and that truly made up for the fact that we couldn't vacation that summer. PLUS, the food was amazing and there were tons of daily activities to keep him busy... oh and there's bread making!
By the end of our first 6 weeks, we decided to continue for the full summer and I can honestly say, it was the best summer for our son. In fact, it was such a fun summer, we're going to do it again.... and next year, we'll add another member to the Steve & Kate's fan club when our youngest attends. -- Alma H. (Santa Rosa parent)
Here is my list of "Top 5 Things We Love About Steve & Kate's":
1) The staff. My family has experienced a few different daycares and camps...and occasionally we’d get the impression that the staff is there to just "watch" the kids. At Steve & Kate's the counselors are part of the experience! When you arrive, they greet you and your child by name. The entire staff truly seems to enjoy what they're doing and strives to make sure each kid is having a great day at camp.
2) The experience. Each day is different, fun and exciting at Steve & Kate's - and even though the kids are having a fun, they learn a lot at the same time.
3) The variety. There is something for everyone at Steve & Kate's. After I pick up my kids from camp, the entire ride home is filled with conversations about what they did that day.
4) The "your child's day at camp" updates. As a working mom, one of the BEST things about Steve & Kate's camp are the daily "look what your child is doing at camp today" emails. It's such a nice break in my work day when I get to see pictures of my kids having fun at camp or watching a video they created.
5) The convenience. My husband and I both work full time. So the early drop off and late pick up times work well with our schedules. (tip: do not even attempt to pick up your kids before game show is over...you'll hear the groans about it all evening!) -- Kelly K. (Santa Rosa parent)
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
See all camp activities »
What can I expect?
- Unbiased adults who believe in your child's potential
- Freedom for children to design their own learning experience
- Immersive & creative studios with state-of-the-art equipment
- Healthy and delicious lunch and snacks (plus, kids can make their own!)
- First-aid and CPR-trained staff
Sign up »
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Santa Rosa
- Daily Drop off/Pick up is at the rear of the campus. Please be sure to drive around to the back and look for the Steve & Kate's signs.
- Water activities will happen every day over 85 degrees. We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- Our typical end of summer Carnival will take place on August 11th, instead of August 18th. We'll have a mini-Carnival on August 18th, but the main event will be the 2nd to last week of camp.
- We love dressing up in Santa Rosa! Theme(s) of the week will be posted on the Santa Rosa website.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Online orientation »
Sonoma Country Day School,
4400 Day School Place,
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Email Billy Headington:
Call or text Billy Headington:
Jun 12 - Aug 18, 2017
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Once you've entered the campus, you will pass the booth. Drive through the stop sign and continue until you have to turn to the right at the rear of the campus. On your right you will see a pick-up circle. Drive into the pick-up circle and the camp entrance will be directly to your right.
There are currently no events scheduled in your area. Sign up to our email list to receive updates on events.
Sign up here »
Each day at camp, we feature at least one of three show stoppers from our lineup for campers to experience. Directors at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of these Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
Slip and Slide - Cool off in style in our inflatable slip and slide. Weather permitting, this will be offered most afternoons. Please bring a swimsuit and towel if your camper would like to participate.
Smart Karts - Get behind the wheel of one of Silicon Valley's latest and greatest inventions: the first electric smart-kart for kids. Campers must wear helmets while driving go-karts. While the camp will provide helmets, we prefer and encourage you to provide your own if you have one and your child would like to participate.
Zorbs - Climb inside of one of our giant 10' inflatable hamster balls and weave your way through an obstacle course as fast as a hamster.
Staff hosting program
Would you be interested in hosting international staff or staff from elsewhere in the US this summer? If so, we’re hoping to connect you with those staff members.
Learn more »