STEVE & KATE'S CHICAGO - LINCOLN PARK · DATES: Jun 22 - Aug 21, 2020 · ADDRESS: Alcott Elementary, 2625 North Orchard Street, Chicago, IL
Lincoln Park Summer Camp
I’ve spent 15+ years working for organizations that served kids, but Steve & Kate's is refreshingly different. I love how it marries my love of relationships across kids, parents, teachers, schools, neighbors, and the community. The relationships, they are what truly matters to me. We're all in this together, so let's talk. I think about the needs of campers AND the parent's, which is very important. That creates a real sense of community and it allows kids to feel inspired, feel free, and independently confident to make their own choices. There are moments that we work hard for, where we can literally watch a kid's confidence grow and, to me, nothing is better than that.
Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Orchard Street: a northbound one-way road entered from W. Wrightwood Ave. This will be our only entrance/exit for camp. Street parking around the school does not require any permit until 6pm.
SUMMER CAMP FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Camp Passes for our summer camps and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Camp Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- We are very lucky to have incredible outdoor space that includes two playgrounds, a basketball court, and a turf field, all surrounded by an iron gate!
- Weather permitting, we'll have water activities most afternoons. We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- The Alcott school recently installed filtered water bottle filling stations on all their drinking fountains. We are thrilled about this and encourage all campers to bring a refillable water bottle to camp every day to help encourage them to stay hydrated and reduce our plastic cup waste!
- Though there are wooden awnings, there is not any shade in the outdoor area during the summer months. We have started our own tradition of a misting tent to offer some reprieve from the sun! Many of our campers call this the 'sprinkle tent'. It offers a light water mist/sprinkle to help the campers stay cool while they enjoy the outdoor space. Since it is a tent, we will have it available for use, weather permitting.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Orchard Street: a northbound one-way road entered from W. Wrightwood Ave. This will be our only entrance/exit for camp. Street parking around the school does not require any permit from 9:30am-6pm.
- At 7:30am we will lock the outdoor gates surrounding the playgrounds and fields so that the entire outdoor space is secure and ours until 5pm. At 5pm all camp activities will be indoors and the outdoor space will open back up to the community.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Summer Activities for every interest.
We're giving 2020 activities a total facelift. In December, we'll pull back the curtain for the grand reveal.
In the meantime, check out the 2019 activities below for the before picture.
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Recreational Features. Details coming soon.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
2020 Menu Details Coming Soon