STEVE & KATE'S CHICAGO - LINCOLN PARK - DATES: June 24 - August 23, 2019; ADDRESS: Alcott Elementary, 2625 North Orchard Street, Chicago
Lincoln Park Summer Camp
I’ve spent 15+ years working for organizations that served kids, but Steve & Kate's is refreshingly different. I love how it marries my love of relationships across kids, parents, teachers, schools, neighbors, and the community. The relationships, they are what truly matters to me. We're all in this together, so let's talk. I think about the needs of campers AND the parent's, which is very important. That creates a real sense of community and it allows kids to feel inspired, feel free, and independently confident to make their own choices. There are moments that we work hard for, where we can literally watch a kid's confidence grow and, to me, nothing is better than that.
Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Orchard Street: a northbound one-way road entered from W. Wrightwood Ave. This will be our only entrance/exit for camp. Street parking around the school does not require any permit until 6pm.
FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Passes and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- We are very lucky to have incredible outdoor space that includes two playgrounds, a basketball court, and a turf field, all surrounded by an iron gate!
- Weather permitting, we'll have water activities most afternoons. We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- The Alcott school recently installed filtered water bottle filling stations on all their drinking fountains. We are thrilled about this and encourage all campers to bring a refillable water bottle to camp every day to help encourage them to stay hydrated and reduce our plastic cup waste!
- Though there are wooden awnings, there is not any shade in the outdoor area during the summer months. We have started our own tradition of a misting tent to offer some reprieve from the sun! Many of our campers call this the 'sprinkle tent'. It offers a light water mist/sprinkle to help the campers stay cool while they enjoy the outdoor space. Since it is a tent, we will have it available for use, weather permitting.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Orchard Street: a northbound one-way road entered from W. Wrightwood Ave. This will be our only entrance/exit for camp. Street parking around the school does not require any permit from 9:30am-6pm.
- At 7:30am we will lock the outdoor gates surrounding the playgrounds and fields so that the entire outdoor space is secure and ours until 5pm. At 5pm all camp activities will be indoors and the outdoor space will open back up to the community.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Inflatable Slip and Slide -Add some slide to your stride and cool off in style with our giant inflatable slip and slide. Check with the Director or the schedule below to learn when it’s a water play day, and then all you need is a swimsuit and towel to hydrate-participate!
Inflatable Ninja Arena -This pumped-up pop-up primetime-inspired arena is just the dual duel your aspiring ninja warrior was waiting for! Side-by-side lanes allow for head-to-head battles, but everyone wins when they’re climbing, tunneling, and bouncing their way through this fun-flatable course.
Animatronic Ride-Ons - Have Chicken? Will travel! Whether by Moose, by Croc or aforementioned Chicken, campers can confidently cruise and careen til they’re keen on these custom motorized karts. Helmets are required and will be provided if needed, but we highly encourage you to bring your own.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
Check out our Food page for full details on daily snacks and side dishes.
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
Menu details coming soon.