STEVE & KATE'S CHICAGO - WEST LOOP - DATES: Jun. 24 - Aug. 23, 2019; ADDRESS: Andrew Jackson Language Academy, 1340 West Harrison St., Chicago
West Loop Summer Camp
Summertime and kids have always had a special place in my heart. I learned so much about myself during my first summer working at Steve & Kate's Camp. I was in the HQ position and while obsessing over figuring out what parents belonged to what kid and cleaning scraped knees, I created some unforgettable memories. I watched kids master studios they'd never even heard of prior to coming to camp. Coworkers had my back when I would dance like no one was watching. Kids taught me how to code. And they reminded me of the importance of being true to yourself-no matter how goofy or loud some people may think you are! After that summer, I knew I never wanted to work anywhere or with anyone else again.
Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Congress Pkwy: an eastbound one-way road entered from Loomis St. This will be our only entrance for camp. Please park in a parking space if you plan to walk campers in. We want to keep curbside open for families moving through our drop-off line. Parking is available in the school's lot, first come first serve until 6pm
FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Passes and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- Andrew Jackson's playground and the grass that encompasses it will be open from 7:30AM until Kickoff (9:30). It will reopen after Gameshow (4:00), until 6PM.
- The fenced in area on the east side of the school will be open for all other outdoor activities during the day. There is a little bit of blacktop and a whole lot of grass!
- Weather permitting, we'll have water activities. We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- We ask that each camper bring a labeled, reusable water bottle daily. This will help us cut down on our use of non-recyclable plastic cups.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Our main and only entrance is off Congress Pkwy. This door will be locked between 10am and 4pm. Please ring the S&K door bell if you're dropping off or picking up during those times.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Inflatable Slip and Slide - Cool off in style on our giant inflatable slip and slide. Check with the Director to find out when this will be scheduled, and bring a swimsuit and towel if your child would like to participate.
Stadium - Jump into a game of hockey, soccer, dodgeball, or pillow polo inside of our custom inflatable stadium designed to amplify the action!
Zorb Racing - Get your Zorb on! Climb inside of one of these giant 10' inflatable hamster balls, and race down our inflated track to see who wins!
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
Check out our Food page for full details on daily snacks and side dishes.
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
Menu details coming soon.