Each year, at 6:01 pm on the last day of camp, it gets rowdy in our headquarters. Sparkling cider bottles are popped, Steve and Kate get schmaltzy, staff give each other chest bumps, and many cry over the kids that they’ll miss. Then by 6:03, the music comes to a halt, and reality sets in that we have only 10 short days to go through every account and issue automatic refunds!
Questions? We have answers.
We know that automatic refunds is a pretty unique thing so we’ve put together some FAQs to help you know what to expect:
- If you paid only using ACH via a single bank account, we’ll deposit the refund back into that account.
- If you paid only with a single credit card, we will issue a refund back to that credit card.
- If you paid using two or more payment methods (i.e. two different credit cards, a credit card and a bank account, etc.), we’ll refund back to the most recent payment method first. Since we can’t refund more than what was originally paid via any one payment, if your refund exceeds the transaction amount of the most recent payment method, we’ll refund any additional monies owed back to the next most recent payment method.
- If we are unable to refund back to your bank account or credit card (usually due to closure of the account), we will issue a paper check to the most recent payee.
- You can request to receive a paper check instead of refunding back to your bank account or credit card by emailing email@example.com before September.
If you know ahead of time that you don’t want your refund to go back to the card or bank account you used, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send a physical check.