Skip to content

Automatic, Full Refunds

Each year, at 6:01 pm on the last day of camp, it gets rowdy in our headquarters. Sparkling cider bottles are popped, the team get schmaltzy, staff give each other chest bumps, and many cry over the kids that they’ll miss. Then by 6:03, the music comes to a halt, and reality sets in that we have only 10 short days to go through every account and issue automatic refunds!

You’ve got questions — We’ve got

We know that automatic refunds is a pretty unique thing so we’ve put together some FAQs to help you know what to expect:

Do you really refund unused days?

We really do!! Since 1980, we've automatically refunded unused Day Passes to families at the camp season.

If for any reason you have unused Day Passes in your account after a camp season has ended, we'll refund it in full without questions.

If you purchased a Summer Pass and end up not attending enough days to justify the Summer Pass, then we'll calculate what you would have paid at the daily rate, and automatically refund you the difference.

Do I need to request my refund?

Nope. If there are any unused day passes remaining in your account, we will automatically refund their full value. For Summer Pass holders who end up using less days than the cost of a Summer Pass, we’ll calculate what you would have paid at the Day Pass rate, and refund you the difference automatically at summer's end.

When will I receive my refund?

We process refunds automatically for all camp locations 10 business days after our last camp closes for each season. For summer, that’s usually mid-September. Once we initiate refunds we send an email to families who are receiving a refund to confirm the refund method. Refunds can take anywhere from 5-10 business days to show up back in your bank account or as a credit card once processed. Refund checks are sent via regular mail, and will come addressed from Bright Horizons.

How will I receive my refund?

That all depends on how payments were made:

- If you paid only using ACH via a single bank account, we'll deposit the refund back into that account.

- If you paid only with a single credit card, we will issue a refund back to that credit card.

- If you paid using two or more payment methods (i.e. two different credit cards, a credit card and a bank account, etc.), we’ll refund back to the most recent payment method first. Since we can’t refund more than what was originally paid via any one payment, if your refund exceeds the transaction amount of the most recent payment method, we’ll refund any additional monies owed back to the next most recent payment method.

- If we are unable to refund back to your bank account or credit card (usually due to closure of the account), we will issue a paper check to the most recent payee.

You can request to receive a paper check instead of refunding back to your bank account or credit card by emailing before the last day of camp.

We do process early refund requests during the camp season on request. However, once we are in the last weeks of camp we may ask families to wait for the automatic refund.

What if two different people made payments for the same account?

We will always refund back the most recent payee first, but never an amount exceeding what they paid. In some instances, this will mean that if the payments for an account were meant to be split equally between two people, the refund is only given back to one (i.e. the person who made the most recent payment). If you’d prefer that refunds be split between two individuals who have submitted payment this camp season, you can reach out to before the last day of camp to discuss the potential (note: we can’t guarantee this is possible, but are always willing to talk with families about options).

My bank account is closed / my credit card was cancelled – how will I receive my refund?

In many cases, our payment processor can and will reroute the refund to the new account or credit card, if it happens to be the same banking institution as the original account or credit card. In the event that the new account or credit card cannot be located, the refund will be returned to us and we'll reach out to you to send a physical check. We are not able to issue a refund to a different card or bank account if the one on file is no longer active.

If you know ahead of time that you don’t want your refund to go back to the card or bank account you used, send us an email at and we can send a physical check.

I’m getting a paper check refund – how do I know what address it’s being sent to?

We show the address on file for the refund recipient in your account. Just login and on the 'Billing' tab look for the refund recipient and address. You can update the refund address on file from this page to ensure paper checks are sent to the right address.

I need a receipt for FSA/dependent care/taxes – how can I get one?

Just login to your account, click the Billing tab, then open your receipt and select the year you'd like, and voila – you’ll be able to select the dates for which you’d like a receipt for. Login here.