Unique things about this location
- We are very lucky to have an incredible outdoor space! Two amazing playgrounds; one specific for our younger campers & another for our older campers. These will be open early morning and late afternoon... weather permitting. We also have a nice turf area that is perfect for large group games. These areas are surrounded by iron fencing!
- Weather permitting on Tuesdays & Thursday, we'll have the inflatable Slip'n Slip available for some water fun! Younger Camper in the morning/ Older campers (Grades 2-7) in the afternoon. We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel. (please label all personal items)
- Let's stay hydrated! You are encouraged to send your child with a water bottle each day with their name clearly marked on it.
- Kindly keep all personal electronic devices and valuables at the homestead. We don't want them to get lost or damaged. If your child absolutely must bring an electronic device to camp, be sure to check it in at HQ upon arrival where we'll keep it safe and warm. Campers are always welcome to stop by HQ and access a cell phone whenever needed- and then check that puppy back in until departure.
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about DC - Capitol Hill
- SIDE ENTRANCE: Steve & Kate's Camp will be using a side entrance on the L street side (near 5th St SE) of the building for Camper Check-In and Check-Out. We will NOT be using the main entrance in front of the school at any time.
- Our campers are ages 4-12 years of age. (Mentees are 8 grade +)
- We open at 7:30 am and close at 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday between June 18 and Aug 3 (closed July 4th)
- Tuesday, July 24 is Pajama day... Join us for a day of relaxing fun! Make a pillow in fashion!
Wednesday, July 25 is Superhero day! Be that hero you always dreamed of! Make a cape in fashion!
Thursday, July 26 is Summerween... You can be anything your heart desires (but scary!)
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Sports – Each day, we’ll offer a featured sport for campers of all ages and abilities, and we’ll also schedule other active games throughout the day to spice things up.
Soccer / Kickball
Dodgeball / Coneball
Hockey / Pillow Polo
Capture the Flag / Steal the Rubber Chicken
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their four Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
- Cheese Pizza from Cafe Pizzaiolo - Extra virgin olive oil thin crust topped with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil - VG, SF, EF
- Hot Dogs - All-beef dog raised w/o antibiotics and free of phosphates, nitrates and nitrites. Condiments on the side. EF, DF, possible to make GF
- Cold Cut Sandwiches (Meat and/or Cheese) - Choice of nitrate and nitrite free turkey, ham, and cheddar on a ciabatta roll with condiments on the side. (EF, possible to make VG, GF and DF)
- Pulled Pork Sandwich and Slaw - SF, EF
- Grilled Chicken and Corn - GF, DF, SF, EF
- Cobb Salad with Chicken - GF, SF
- Mac'n Cheese - VG, SF, EF
- Fajita Bowl - SF, EF
- Bean & Cheese Burrito - SF, EF
- Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken - GF, SF
- Baked Ziti - VG, SF, EF
- Mashed Potatoes and Turkey - GF, DF, SF, EF
- Ham and Sweet Potato - GF, DF, SF, EF
Jun 18 - Aug 3, 2018
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Check out these other DMV area sites with different camp dates: Alexandria - (Jun 18 - Aug 17) Arlington - (Jun 25 - Aug 17) (Note: If your camper will be attending any days at our sites in VA, there is additional paperwork needed IN ADVANCE)
There is no parking lot at this location, so you will need to find street parking. Steve & Kate's Camp will be using a side entrance on the L street side of the building for check in and check out. PLEASE NOTE: We will not be using the main entrance in front of the school at any time.
Mass transit: Near Navy Yard Station-Ball Park (Green line) and Eastern Market Station (Blue/Orange/Silver Lines). The DC Circulator bus (Dark Blue) runs from Union Station to Navy Yard with a stop at M & 4th SE.
Buy 1 or more$110 per day
Buy 5 or more$100 per day
Buy 20 or more$90 per day
Membership$2,700 per child
(34 days of camp)