STEVE & KATE'S OAKLAND SUMMER CAMP · DATES: July 27 - Aug 21, 2020 · ADDRESS: Park Day School (use entrance on 43rd St), 360 42nd St, Oakland, CA
Oakland Summer Day Camp
THE CAMP BASICS
Drop Off & Pick Up
This summer the Oakland camp entrance will be on 43rd St. Please pull into the school driveway from the 43rd St gate, and immediately turn left to enter our drive-thru check-in/out.
We'll check campers in/out, and perform our safety checks directly from your car. All cars will then exit the campus from 44th St.
For a speedier check-out process, please text us your child's full name 10 minutes before you plan to arrive!
*There will be no parking on site this summer.
- Registration will be in weekly blocks, instead of by the day. It’s the first time in 40 years that we won’t be able to allow campers to do daily drop-in. As much as we’d love to be able to have campers join us for just a day or two each week, we won’t be able to fill their spot on missed days. So, please, give us five. That being said, we know that things happen. If your kid does miss a day, we’ll still refund it automatically—COVID may impact flexibility, but it won’t impact what is fair. Fees include pizza, snacks and all hours 8:30am to 5:30pm.
REALLY IMPORTANT CAMP INFORMATION
- This summer there will be no onsite parking. All families must enter campus from 43rd St where we will host drive-thru style drop-off/pick-up. Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
- During the bulk of the day, our campus will be closed. If you arrive outside of our normal drop-off and pick-up hours (8:30am - 9:30am; 4:30pm - 5:30pm), please be sure to text/call us so we can come meet you at the gate.
- For pick-ups, please text us your child's full name 10 minutes before arriving at camp so we can get your camper(s) ready! Then have your photo ID ready to show your director when you pull up to camp.
- If you need to speak to a Director, we highly encourage calling or emailing us so we can limit our in-person interactions to urgent matters.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
The surest path towards thriving is if kids are driving.
At Steve & Kate’s, we’ve always believed in following kids’ compasses. Today, our philosophy of self-direction feels even more vital. Campers act on their judgments and fuel their sense of self, develop the drive to adapt, leap and lead. We invest in kids’ boundless capability and credibility. They - and our world - will be better for it.
We can’t say exactly what days at camp will look like, where they’ll go, or what campers will wind up whipping up, but one thing’s for sure: kids drive.
Check out what Specials are coming to your location each week
(Please note: Specials will be used by one group at a time and sanitized in between uses).
Basketball Game Sports
World Sports Challenge
Inflatable Ring Toss
Food is a big deal for us. So is having camp be an all-inclusive experience. We plan to offer lunch and snacks; we just need to do so in a manner that fits with safety guidelines and the logistics of our new normal. While we may add options later, we know that we can deliver on campers' favorite item—pizza! Hot from ovens and into sealed boxes, we can get this item into kids' hands without worry. You can, of course, choose to pack something instead or as a supplement, but pizza will be there. We will also offer an array of snacks for kids to nosh on throughout the day. All snacks will arrive to each stable group in closed packages. We will announce the specific line up in the following weeks, but rest assured, tummies will be full.