STEVE & KATE'S PALO ALTO · DATES: June 10 - August 9, 2019 · ADDRESS: Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School, 450 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto
Palo Alto Summer Camp
My goal at Steve & Kate's is to empower and support young people in their self-searches and self-discoveries. As a writer and creative artist, I can't think of anything more essential or inspiring than giving voice and vision to who we are, who we want to be, and how we strive to get there. As an educator, I believe in learning alongside youth, making mistakes and tackling tricky challenges shoulder-to-shoulder. I want to get hands-on with our heads and hopes up, and I am thrilled to thread myself through this camp community.
When you arrive, please drive down to the fourth entry gate, and show your registration (if it's your first visit) to the security guard. You'll be given a sticker or window/windshield pass after that to speed things up. San Antonio Road may get a little backed up, but we'll move our process as lickety split as we can.
FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Passes and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- Our outdoor playing area is awesome! With a new turf field that's 96' x 115', we have tons of room for Sports, Specials, and summer spirit. This area is where we'll do water play and other Specials, as we try and keep noisier activities away from the second, rear-located field. And! Our entire campus is gated, so everyone's outdoor (and indoor) camp fun is safe & secure.
- Parents and campers can expect water play approximately two afternoons per week (Tues. & Thurs.), and potentially more frequently if temps are running high.
- In order to honor the traditions of the school, if you plan to supplement our food options with snacks from home, we ask that you not pack any meat or shellfish.
- If you are not registered and are visiting camp for a tour during the summer, please inform the security guard who will connect you with a Steve & Kate's staff member to check-in as a guest. Note that tours are not available between 9:15am and 9:45am and 11:45am and 12:30pm.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- When you arrive at camp, you’ll be greeted by our security guard at the 4th green entrance gate. On your first day of camp, please provide proof of registration at the gate (a print out or screenshot of your registration will do!). After you check-in to camp the first time, you’ll be provided a S&K car window slick for use on future days.
- For check-out at the end of the day, you'll park and head into our Parent Lounge to wait until your camper is called for and ready to go home.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Inflatable Slip and Slide - Add some slide to your stride and cool off in style with our giant inflatable slip and slide. Check with the Director or the schedule below to learn when it’s a water play day, and then all you need is a swimsuit and towel to hydrate-participate!
Gaga - The name of the game and also how campers feel about it: Gaga! This fan fave is essentially a high energy dodgeball-style game played in an octagonal pit. There may be 8 sides to this arena, but one opinion...gaga!
Zorb Racing - Get your Zorb on! Climb inside of one of these giant 10' inflatable hamster balls, and race down our inflated track to see who wins!
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
Check out our Food page for full details on daily snacks and side dishes.
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
Menu details coming soon.