STEVE & KATE'S PORTLAND · DATES: Jun 15 - Aug 28, 2020 · ADDRESS: All Saints School, 601 NE Cesar E Chavez Blvd, Portland, OR
Portland Summer Day Camp
After spending over ten years working in youth work and community engagement, I found that everyone and every group of people needs space to grow into the incredible person or community that they can be. That's why when I came on as a Self-Director I was so excited to continue to facilitate a space where kids can set their own pace, test their own limits, and explore all the possibilities. Here in Portland we love watching their imaginations lead them to new discoveries and experiences and is our absolute favorite part of working with youth. It is what make's Steve & Kate's Camp so great. Within the heart of Laurelhurst, creating a safe place where every camper is seen and heard is what will always comes first, and we believe this makes room for us all to grow together. This year we're bringing in the best of the city, from performances to workshops to special surprises - making sure to give your camper a summer full of new adventures to choose from that they'll talk about long after it is over.
PORTLAND CAMP BASICS
Youth Summer Camp Dates
June 15 - August 28, 2020
No camp Friday July 3, 2020.
Need more camp? Day Passes and Summer Passes can be used at any location.
In Oregon, we welcome campers between the ages of 4-12.
Parking at Portland Camp Location
Enter through Laddington Ct and turn into the All Saints parking lot. Parking is available in the lot and along Laddington Ct. The camp entrance is at the far end of the All Saints parking lot.
SUMMER CAMP FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Camp Passes for our summer camps and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Camp Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THE PORTLAND LOCATION
- We ask that each Portland camper bring a labeled, reusable water bottle daily.
- A huge blacktop ready for scootering and epic tag games.
- Water Play is GUARANTEED to be available on hot days (85 degrees and higher). We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- Scooters (i.e. Razor scooters) are allowed at camp with helmets from home. Bicycles can be locked up on campus but cannot be used during the camp day, as well as roller blades, skateboards, etc. Please write your name on your scooter with a permanent marker.
- Please leave personal electronic devices or valuables (Personal Legos included) at home (we don't want any to get lost or damaged!). If campers have any devices or personal items that they absolutely must have or want to use for camp projects, please leave it in HQ so we can keep it safe and campers can come into HQ for when they would like to use it. Cell phones, tablets, Apple watches are to be checked in until the end of camp via our policies.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
The surest path towards thriving is if kids are driving.
At Steve & Kate’s, we’ve always believed in following kids’ compasses. Today, our philosophy of self-direction feels even more vital. Campers act on their judgments and fuel their sense of self, develop the drive to adapt, leap and lead. We invest in kids’ boundless capability and credibility. They - and our world - will be better for it.
We can’t say exactly what days at camp will look like, where they’ll go, or what campers will wind up whipping up, but one thing’s for sure: kids drive.
WEEKLY AND DAILY SPECIALS
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. More info on this location’s weekly and daily specials in 2020 coming soon.
Steve & Kate's Camp believes in supporting Portland's small local businesses. That means, every day we offer freshly delivered lunch specials from some of the best restaurants and food carts in town. Do your kids love our lunch food that much? Now you have a new place to stop when summer ends!