STEVE & KATE'S VALLEY VILLAGE · DATES: Jun 15 - Aug 21, 2020 · ADDRESS: The Country School, 5243 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Valley Village, CA
Valley Village Summer Camp
Hey there, friend! Thanks for visiting. This is my eighth summer at Steve & Kate's. Our team's continued pledge is to keep the Valley Village site big, wild, loud, goofy, and as safe as possible. During the summer, I request only one thing of campers, staffers, and adults alike . . . And that is respect, which is a big word for us to practice at any age. My personal goal is to help your children trust their positive social instincts and embrace all of their creative abilities. I hope we can celebrate these campers and ideas together this summer.
June 15 - August 21, 2020
No camp Friday July 3, 2020
Need more camp? Day Passes and Summer Passes can be used at any location.
In California, we welcome campers between the ages of 4-12.
Unmetered parking is readily available on Weddington and on Laurel Canyon Blvd. Please make sure you abide by the signs that are on each street.
SUMMER CAMP FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Camp Passes for our summer camps and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Camp Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- If ya hadn't heard, the Valley can get kinda warm during the summertime; therefore, every ten to fifteen minutes at our site, a camper will smash a gong, which reminds all other campers and staffers to stop for a water break.
- The slip 'n' slide will be in operation during all hot days (90 degrees and higher) at least. We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, a reusable water bottle and a towel, each day. That's all they really need.
- You may want to send your children with their own helmets (bike, skateboard, scooter, etc.). For hygienic reasons, we will not be sharing helmets at this site in 2020.
- Personal electronics (including all smart devices, phones, Apple watches, etc.) will not be permitted on campus in 2020. From our on-site HQ, your children will always be permitted to contact you (if you want!).
- Use of roller-blades, skateboards and personal scooters on campus is TBD.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- The only entrance and exit we use during the summer is at the school's north gate on Weddington just west of Laurel Canyon Blvd. Drop-off and parking instructions are in the Parking section above.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
The surest path towards thriving is if kids are driving.
At Steve & Kate’s, we’ve always believed in following kids’ compasses. Today, our philosophy of self-direction feels even more vital. Campers act on their judgments and fuel their sense of self, develop the drive to adapt, leap and lead. We invest in kids’ boundless capability and credibility. They - and our world - will be better for it.
We can’t say exactly what days at camp will look like, where they’ll go, or what campers will wind up whipping up, but one thing’s for sure: kids drive.
WEEKLY AND DAILY SPECIALS
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. More info on this location’s weekly and daily specials in 2020 coming soon.