STEVE & KATE'S DC CAPITOL HILL · DATES: Jun 22 - Aug 7, 2020 · ADDRESS: Van Ness Elementary School, 1150 5th Street SE, Washington, DC
DC CAPITOL HILL Summer Camp
I LOVE CAMP! I believe that summer is the best time of year for children to explore learning outside of the classroom. Steve & Kate's provides a space for each camper to connect with their inner chef, fashion designer, or film-maker, and I'll be there to cheer them on along the way. I have been working with children since my teenage years, and I truly believe that they learn better when they are given a safe space to explore and grow. This will be my sixth summer working with Steve & Kate's and I am so excited to see what new and creative things the campers come up with. I can't wait to meet all of you!
DC Summer Camp Dates
June 22 - August 7, 2020
No camp Friday July 3, 2020.
Need more camp? Steve & Kate's Day Camp Passes and Summer Passes can be used at any location.
In D.C., we welcome campers between the ages of 4-12.
Parking at Capitol Hill Kids Camp
There is no parking lot at this camp location, so you will need to find street parking. Steve & Kate's Camp will be using the main entrance in front of the school on the corner of 5th and M Street, for Camper Check-In and Check-Out.
Mass transit: Near Navy Yard Station-Ball Park (Green line) and Eastern Market Station (Blue/Orange/Silver Lines). The DC Circulator bus (Dark Blue) runs from Union Station to Navy Yard with a stop at M & 4th SE.
FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Camp Passes and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Camp Passes, automatically.
- Camp fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THE DC LOCATION
- We are very lucky to have an incredible outdoor space! Two amazing playgrounds; one specific for our younger campers & another for our older campers. These will be open early morning and late afternoon... weather permitting. Our Capitol Hill day camp also has a nice turf area that is perfect for large group games. These areas are surrounded by iron fencing!
- Let's stay hydrated! You are encouraged to send your child with a water bottle each day with their name clearly marked on it.
- Kindly keep all personal electronic devices and valuables at the homestead. We don't want them to get lost or damaged. If your child absolutely must bring an electronic device to camp, be sure to check it in at HQ upon arrival where we'll keep it safe and warm. Campers are always welcome to stop by HQ and access a cell phone whenever needed- and then check that puppy back in until departure.
REALLY IMPORTANT CAMP INFORMATION
- MAIN ENTRANCE: Steve & Kate's DC Camp will be using the main entrance in front of the school on the corner of 5th and M Street, for Camper Check-In and Check-Out.
- Tours: We will offer tours every day from 7:30AM-9:00 AM.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our day camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
The surest path towards thriving is if kids are driving.
At Steve & Kate’s, we’ve always believed in following kids’ compasses. Today, our philosophy of self-direction feels even more vital. Campers act on their judgments and fuel their sense of self, develop the drive to adapt, leap and lead. We invest in kids’ boundless capability and credibility. They - and our world - will be better for it.
We can’t say exactly what days at camp will look like, where they’ll go, or what campers will wind up whipping up, but one thing’s for sure: kids drive.
WEEKLY AND DAILY SPECIALS
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. More info on this location’s weekly and daily specials in 2020 coming soon.