Summer can't come quickly enough.
Three years ago, a friend introduced me to Steve & Kate's. I was immediately drawn to the radical freedom of choice for campers, and the flexibility for the families. I live for camp days with the smell of fresh bread in the air, giggles from friends making films together, and self-actualized heroes running about oblivious to adult judgment and expectations. I nerd out over our philosophy and can talk about it for days (literally). Summer awaits! Can you press fast-forward to June?
773-219-0133 | [email protected]
Unique things about this location
- Bell's main playground will be ours to use all summer. The north side of the outdoor space that encompasses this playground will be closed to the public when camp is in session.
- All of the space we use at Bell is on the first floor and wheelchair accessible.
- We ask that each camper bring a labeled, reusable water bottle daily. This will help us cut down on our use of non-recyclable plastic cups.
- The slip 'n' slide will be in operation often and especially during hot days (90 degrees and higher). We recommend that families apply sunblock at home & send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel daily if you believe your camper(s) will be tempted to get wet.
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Chicago - Lakeview
- Our main and only entrance is off Oakley Avenue. Please look for our curbside check in tent in front of Door 1.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Sports – Each day, we’ll offer a featured sport for campers of all ages and abilities, and we’ll also schedule other active games throughout the day to spice things up.
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their four Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
- Pizza - A classic slice of cheese pizza from Cooked Chicago.
- Sandwich - Choice of nitrate and nitrite free turkey, ham, and cheddar on a ciabatta roll with condiments on the side. (EF, possible to make VG, GF and DF)
- Hot dog - All-beef dog raised w/o antibiotics and free of phosphates, nitrates and nitrites. Condiments on the side. (EF, DF, possible to make GF)
- Pesto Pasta - no-nut pesto with grape tomato and chopped broccoli from Cooked Chicago. (VG, SF, GF and DF available)
- Lasagna - layers of pasta, tomato sauce, ground beef, and cheese from Cooked Chicago (SF)
- Gyros - Shawarma chicken in a wheat pita with tzatziki, feta, cucumber, tomato, romaine from Cooked Chicago. (SF, EF)
- Un-Kabobs - grilled chicken/veggies, rice , pineapple from Cooked Chicago. (GF, DF, SF, EF)
- Ham & Cheese Quesadilla - smoked ham, swiss cheese and spinach in a wheat tortilla from Cooked Chicago (SF, EF)
- Tamales - masa, beef and/or cheese from Cooked Chicago (GF, SF, EF)
- Poke Bowl - sushi rice with mango, avocado, shredded carrot, diced cucumber, soy sauce, and pink pickled ginger topped with sesame seeds from Cooked Chicago. (VG, GF, EF, DF, SF option)
- Stirfry Rice - with chicken/veggies from Cooked Chicago. (EF, DF, SF, GF)
- Southwest Salad - brown rice, beans, corn, avocado, cheese, green peas, greens with ranch dressing from Cooked Chicago. (GF, VG, EF, SF)
- BBQ Pork Stuffed Baked Potato - baked russet potato topped with pork butt, roasted corn, shredded cheddar and bbq sauce from Cooked Chicago. (GF, EF, DF option)
Jun 25 - Aug 24, 2018
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Check out these other Chicagoland sites with different camp dates:Evanston - (Jun 12 - Aug 17)Oak Park River Forest - (June 12 - Aug 17)
Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Oakley Avenue. This will be our only entrance/exit for camp. Street parking around the school is available on Oakley, Waveland, Claremont and Grace.
Buy 1 or more$120 per day
Buy 5 or more$100 per day
Buy 20 or more$90 per day
Membership$2,700 per child
(44 days of camp)
Ready for summer?
While you can reserve your spot whenever it suits you, it’s hugely appreciated if you can give us an early indication if you’re coming. As a thank you, anyone registered by May 1st will automatically be entered in a contest to win their choice of the following activities featured at camp this summer:
- Actev Go Kart – the first electric smart-kart for kids
- Holy Stone Drone + iPad mini – drone with video feed to mobile device
- Jumparoo Deluxe – backyard water jump as seen on Shark Tank
- Anki Over Drive + iPad mini – toy of the year slot car controlled by mobile device