My favorite community.
I’ve spent 15+ years working for organizations that served kids, but Steve & Kate's is refreshingly different. I love how it marries my love of relationships across kids, parents, teachers, schools, neighbors, and the community. The relationships, they are what truly matters to me. We're all in this together, so let's talk. I think about the needs of campers AND the parent's, which is very important. That creates a real sense of community and it allows kids to feel inspired, feel free, and independently confident to make their own choices. There are moments that we work hard for, where we can literally watch a kid's confidence grow and, to me, nothing is better than that.
773-219-0332 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Unique things about this location
- We are very lucky to have incredible outdoor space that includes two playgrounds, a basketball court, and a turf field, all surrounded by an iron gate!
- Weather permitting, we'll have water activities most afternoons. We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- The Alcott school recently installed filtered water bottle filling stations on all their drinking fountains. We are thrilled about this and encourage all campers to bring a refillable water bottle to camp every day to help encourage them to stay hydrated and reduce our plastic cup waste!
- Though there are wooden awnings, there is not any shade in the outdoor area during the summer months. We have started our own tradition of a misting tent to offer some reprieve from the sun! Many of our campers call this the 'sprinkle tent'. It offers a light water mist/sprinkle to help the campers stay cool while they enjoy the outdoor space. Since it is a tent, we will have it available for use, weather permitting.
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Chicago - Lincoln Park
- Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Orchard Street: a northbound one-way road entered from W. Wrightwood Ave. This will be our only entrance/exit for camp. Street parking around the school does not require any permit from 9:30am-6pm.
- At 7:30am we will lock the outdoor gates surrounding the playgrounds and fields so that the entire outdoor space is secure and ours until 5pm. At 5pm all camp activities will be indoors and the outdoor space will open back up to the community.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Sports – Each day, we’ll offer a featured sport for campers of all ages and abilities, and we’ll also schedule other active games throughout the day to spice things up.
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their four Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
- Pizza - A classic slice of cheese pizza (VG)
- Sandwich - Choice of nitrate and nitrite free turkey, ham, and cheddar on a ciabatta roll with condiments on the side. (EF, possible to make VG, GF and DF)
- Hot Dog - All-beef dog raised w/o antibiotics and free of phosphates, nitrates and nitrites. Condiments on the side. (EF, DF, possible to make GF)
- Stir-fry Chicken - Steamed rice, chicken, veggies, and soy sauce on the side from Babycakes Catering (DF, EF, GF, EG, SF - unless adding sauce)
- Stir-fry Veggies - Steamed rice, veggies and soy sauce on the side from Babycakes Catering (DF, EF, GF, EG, SF - unless adding sauce)
- Chicken Quesadilla - Corn tortilla filled with chicken and cheese served with salsa on the side from Babycakes Catering (EF, GF, SF)
- Taco Bowl - Beans, rice, and corn topped with cheese from Babycakes Catering (EF, GF, SF, VG)
- Turkey Chili - Turkey chili, served with a slice of tasty cornbread from Babycakes Catering (Chili is DF, SF; Cornbread is SF, VG)
- Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese - Creamy tomato soup served with grilled cheese wedges from Babycakes Catering (Soup is GF, SF, VG; Cheese wedge is SF, VG)
- Classic Pasta - Rotini noodles, marinara sauce, and turkey meatballs from Babycakes Catering (DF, GF, SF, can be made VG)
- Pesto Pasta - Rotini noodles, basil pesto sauce served with turkey meatballs from Babycakes Catering (GF, SF, can be made VG)
- Chicken Wrap - Flour tortilla wrapped around chicken, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, red peppers, and spinach from Babycakes Catering (EF, SF)
- Veggie Wrap - Flour tortilla wrapped around mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, red peppers, and spinach from Babycakes Catering (EF, SF, VG)
Jun 25 - Aug 24, 2018
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Check out these other Chicagoland sites with different camp dates: Evanston - (Jun 12 - Aug 17) Oak Park River Forest - (Jun 12 - Aug 17)
Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Orchard Street: a northbound one-way road entered from W. Wrightwood Ave. This will be our only entrance/exit for camp. Street parking around the school does not require any permit until 6pm.
Buy 1 or more$120 per day
Buy 5 or more$100 per day
Buy 20 or more$90 per day
Membership$2,700 per child
(44 days of camp)