Follow your passions.
One thing I love about camp is watching the imagination and creativity that shines through when kids follow their own interests. I love to see (or should I say smell) what comes out of the Bread-making studio, admire designs from the Fashion studio, or binge watch the short films creations from Film studio. I have 15+ years experience working with youth and families and can't wait to connect with DC families and gain insights into what special activities that we can add to make Steve & Kate’s Camp in DC-Capitol Hill the place to be for a summer of exploration and fun!
202-400-3957 | [email protected]
Unique things about this location
- We are very lucky to have an incredible outdoor space! Two amazing playgrounds; one specific for our younger campers & another for our older campers. These will be open early morning and late afternoon... weather permitting. We also have a nice turf area that is perfect for large group games. These areas are surrounded by iron fencing!
- Weather permitting, we'll have water activities most afternoons. We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel. ( please label all personal items)
- Let's stay hydrated! You are encouraged to send your child with a water bottle each day with their name clearly marked on it.
- Kindly keep all personal electronic devices and valuables at the homestead. We don't want them to get lost or damaged. If your child absolutely must bring an electronic device to camp, be sure to check it in at HQ upon arrival where we'll keep it safe and warm. Campers are always welcome to stop by HQ and access a cell phone whenever needed- and then check that puppy back in until departure.
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about DC - Capitol Hill
- Steve & Kate's Camp will be using a side entrance on the L street side of the building for Camper Check-In and Check-Out. We will NOT be using the main entrance in front of the school at any time
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Sports – Each day, we’ll offer a featured sport for campers of all ages and abilities, and we’ll also schedule other active games throughout the day to spice things up.
Soccer / Kickball
Dodgeball / Coneball
Hockey / Pillow Polo
Capture the Flag / Steal the Rubber Chicken
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their four Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
Jun 18 - Aug 3, 2018
Need more camp? Day Passes and Memberships can be used at any location.
Check out these other DMV area sites with different camp dates: Alexandria - (Jun 18 - Aug 17) Arlington - (Jun 25 - Aug 17) (Note: If your camper will be attending any days at our sites in VA, there is additional paperwork needed IN ADVANCE).
There is no parking lot at this location, so you will need to find street parking. Steve & Kate's Camp will be using a side entrance on the L street side of the building for check in and check out. PLEASE NOTE: We will not be using the main entrance in front of the school at any time.
Mass transit: Near Navy Yard Station-Ball Park (Green line) and Eastern Market Station (Blue/Orange/Silver Lines). The DC Circulator bus (Dark Blue) runs from Union Station to Navy Yard with a stop at M & 4th SE.
Buy 1 or more$110 per day
Buy 5 or more$100 per day
Buy 20 or more$90 per day
Membership$2,700 per child
(34 days of camp)
Ready for summer?
While you can reserve your spot whenever it suits you, it’s hugely appreciated if you can give us an early indication if you’re coming. As a thank you, anyone registered by May 1st will automatically be entered in a contest to win their choice of the following activities featured at camp this summer:
- Actev Go Kart – the first electric smart-kart for kids
- Holy Stone Drone + iPad mini – drone with video feed to mobile device
- Jumparoo Deluxe – backyard water jump as seen on Shark Tank
- Anki Over Drive + iPad mini – toy of the year slot car controlled by mobile device