I believe in the magic of childhood.
It's hard to believe this will be my fifth year working year-round with Steve & Kate's, and I couldn't be more excited about camp this coming summer! Each season I look forward to creating an exciting, inclusive environment for all of our kids- where they feel safe to be themselves and free to discover new things. Welcoming families, whether brand new, or returning year after year, I love getting to know our Seattle community. I truly enjoy witnessing and supporting our campers at play, while learning through discovery, and ultimately gaining confidence by trusting in themselves. I can't wait to see what new creative adventures, acts of bravery, and hilarious moments unfold in 2018. Childhood certainly is magical; let the fun begin!
206-209-0121 | [email protected]
Unique things about this location
- You'll find us located in a beautiful, historic setting. The St. Nicholas Building on Capitol Hill has been designated a Seattle Landmark since 1925.
- Let's stay hydrated! You are encouraged to send your child with a water bottle each day with their name clearly marked on it.
- Is it hot in here? Pack a towel and swimsuit (or change of clothes) if your child plans to participate in water activities. On hot days, we break out the Slip and Slide!
- No grass? No problem. We'll be zooming around in Smart Karts, flying drones, and getting our outdoor recreation on when we're out on the blacktop.
- Kindly keep all personal electronic devices and valuables at the homestead. We don't want them to get lost or damaged. If your child absolutely must bring an electronic device to camp, be sure to check it in at HQ upon arrival where we'll keep it safe and warm. Campers are always welcome to stop by HQ and access a cell phone whenever needed- and then check that puppy back in until departure.
Location, Location, Location!
Really important information about Seattle
- Important Safety Warning: when exiting the circle drive by car after dropping-off or picking-up your children, please observe the "Wrong Way" and "Do Not Enter" signs. To ensure safety for all parents and campers, do not exit through the entrance drive. Also, do not park in spaces marked "Gage" and "Bright Water Waldorf School," Steve & Kate's shares the lot with these groups. We appreciate your cooperation.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, breadmaking, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
Sports – Each day, we’ll offer a featured sport for campers of all ages and abilities, and we’ll also schedule other active games throughout the day to spice things up.
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their four Specials, so feel free to contact your Director to find out what will be scheduled each day.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
- Pizza - classic slice of za with mozzarella & homemade sauce from Palermo. (EF, VG, GF available)
- Sandwich - Choice of turkey, ham, and cheddar on a ciabatta roll with lettuce, tomato and condiments on the side. (EF, possible to make VG, GF and DF)
- Hot dog - All beef dog on a soft bun with condiments on the side. (EF, DF, possible to make GF)
- Steak Tacos - two corn tortillas, steak, lettuce, tomato & shredded manchego cheese with lime wedge from Guanaco's Tacos. (GF, EF, SF, VG option)
- Bean Burrito - flour tortilla, black beans, manchego cheese & white rice from Guanaco's Tacos. (VG, EF, SF, DF option)
- Pad Thai - rice noodles, egg, bean sprouts, green onion, carrots, broccoli, & cabbage from Wedgwood II Vegetarian Thai. (VG, GF, DF)
- Thai Fried-Rice - stir-fried rice, broccoli, onion, tomato, carrot, garlic, cabbage, cilantro & house sauce from Wedgwood II Vegetarian Thai. (VG, EF, DF)
- Banh Mi - baguette, pickled daikon, cucumber & carrots, marinated tofu & cilantro from The Pho Broadway. (VG, EF, DF)
- Shrimp Spring Roll - shrimp, lettuce, bean sprouts, rice noodles & cilantro wrapped in rice paper with soy sauce from The Pho Broadway. (GF)
- Spaghetti Alla Marinara - pasta with classic tomato sauce & garlic, finished with parmesan cheese; homemade meatballs optional from Palermo. (EF, SF, VG option)
- Italian Meatball Sub - marinara sauce, mozzarella, garlic, oregano and homemade beef meatballs on French roll from Palermo. (EF, SF)
- Baked Herb Chicken - savory seasoning, salt, corn flour & lemon from Boar's Head. (EF, DF, SF)
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Pasta - parmesan cheese, soybean oil, egg yolk, olive oil, red bell pepper, green onion, anchovy from Boar's Head.
Please use the circle drive in front of the school for drop-off & pick-up. Free street parking along 10th Ave and the surrounding areas, as well as 5 reserved spaces in the drive are available. Please do not park spaces marked "Gage Art Academy" and "Bright Water Waldorf School." For your convenience, we offer quick curbside drop-off & pick-up each day.