STEVE & KATE'S ALEXANDRIA · DATES: Jun 15 - Aug 21, 2020 · ADDRESS: Alexandria Country Day School, 2400 Russell Road, Alexandria, VA
Alexandria Summer Camp
I feel very lucky to be part of the Steve & Kate’s Camp community in Alexandria. What am I most excited for this summer? Perfecting my sliding technique on the slip'n slide, sewing a cool t-shirt, and playing Rocks (it’s a sort of like capture the flag and freeze tag, but more awesome!) I can’t wait to meet you, so please come to the fun events that I’ll be hosting throughout the spring!!
June 15 - August 21, 2020
No camp Friday July 3, 2020.
Need more camp? Day Passes and Summer Passes can be used at any location.
In Virginia, campers must be turning 5 years old by Sept. 30th, 2020 to attend.
We offer curbside drop-off (730-9am) and pick-up (4-6pm). There are designated spots in the parking lot in front of the school and overflow parking is available in the church lot across Russell Road.
SUMMER CAMP FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Camp Passes for our summer camps and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Camp Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- We offer water activities most days, so bring a swimsuit, towel and change of clothes if you want to cool off on the slip'n slide. Please put names on everything so we can help lost items reunite with their owners
- We are very lucky to have incredible outdoor space at ACDS that includes two playgrounds, a basketball court, and a soccer field.
- Kindly keep all personal electronic devices and valuables at home. We don't want them to get lost or damaged. If your child absolutely must bring a device or cherished stuffed animal to camp, be sure to check it in at HQ upon arrival where we'll keep it safe.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Additional state-required paperwork must be submitted for every child before their first day of day camp.
NEW CAMPER? Click here for Virginia state-required paperwork to fill out before attending your first day.
RETURNING CAMPER? Click here for Virigina state-required paperwork to fill out before your first day.
- Due to state regulations, CAMPERS MUST BE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OLD by September 30, 2020 in order to attend our Alexandria camp location.
- We offer curbside drop-off (730-9am) and pick-up (4-6pm). Just pull into the second driveway behind the school and drive around the building. If you need to park, there are designated spots in the parking lot in front of the school and overflow parking is available in the church lot across the street. If you come between 9am-4pm, ignore the do not enter signs and pull into the first driveway, directly into the parking lot.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ONLINE ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
The surest path towards thriving is if kids are driving.
At Steve & Kate’s, we’ve always believed in following kids’ compasses. Today, our philosophy of self-direction feels even more vital. Campers act on their judgments and fuel their sense of self, develop the drive to adapt, leap and lead. We invest in kids’ boundless capability and credibility. They - and our world - will be better for it.
We can’t say exactly what days at camp will look like, where they’ll go, or what campers will wind up whipping up, but one thing’s for sure: kids drive.
WEEKLY AND DAILY SPECIALS
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. More info on this location’s weekly and daily specials in 2020 coming soon.