STEVE & KATE'S CHICAGO - LAKEVIEW · DATES: Jun 22 - Aug 21, 2020 · ADDRESS: Bell Elementary School, 3730 North Oakley Avenue, Chicago, IL
Lakeview Summer Camp
Six years ago, a friend introduced me to Steve & Kate's. I was immediately drawn to the radical freedom of choice for campers, and the flexibility for the families. I live for camp days with the smell of fresh bread in the air, giggles from friends making films together, and self-actualized heroes running about oblivious to adult judgment and expectations. I nerd out over our philosophy and can talk about it for days (literally). Summer awaits! Can you press fast-forward to June?
June 22 - August 21, 2020
No camp Friday July 3, 2020
Need more camp? Day Passes and Summer Passes can be used at any location.
In Chicago, we welcome campers between the ages of 4-12.
Daily drop-off and pick-up will occur at the school's main entrance on Oakley Avenue. This will be our only entrance/exit for camp. Street parking around the school is available on Oakley, Waveland, Claremont and Grace.
SUMMER CAMP FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Camp Passes for our summer camps and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Camp Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- Bell's main playground will be ours to use all summer. The north side of the outdoor space that encompasses this playground will be closed to the public when camp is in session.
- All of the space we use at Bell is on the first floor and wheelchair accessible.
- At this site, bathrooms are provided for all genders.
- We highly encourage that each camper bring a labeled, reusable water bottle daily. This will help us cut down on our use of non-recyclable plastic cups.
- This location serves Dark Matter Coffee in the lobby for parents each morning. Enjoy!
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Our main and only entrance is off Oakley Avenue. Please look for our curbside check in tent in front of Door 1.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
The surest path towards thriving is if kids are driving.
At Steve & Kate’s, we’ve always believed in following kids’ compasses. Today, our philosophy of self-direction feels even more vital. Campers act on their judgments and fuel their sense of self, develop the drive to adapt, leap and lead. We invest in kids’ boundless capability and credibility. They - and our world - will be better for it.
We can’t say exactly what days at camp will look like, where they’ll go, or what campers will wind up whipping up, but one thing’s for sure: kids drive.
WEEKLY AND DAILY SPECIALS
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. More info on this location’s weekly and daily specials in 2020 coming soon.