STEVE & KATE'S MANHATTAN - KIPS BAY · DATES: Jun 20 - Aug 16, 2019 · ADDRESS: United Nations International School, 24-50 FDR Drive, NY
MANHATTAN - KIPS BAY Summer Camp
I became a Self-Director at Steve & Kate's because I was a kid who needed a camp like this. Kids have every right to be exactly who they want to be, even if it doesn't fit a mold sometimes. Here at Kips Bay, we create a safe space for kids to explore, fail, and try again with a smile on their face. We cultivate a sense of community where campers feel taken care of and heard. This is vital when asking kids to trust us and themselves to step out of their comfort zones. Lastly, I set a pretty high goofball standard, which I challenge any camper to match!
Curbside Drop Off: On campus parking is limited to UNIS approved vehicles but there is limited street parking, parking at Waterside Plaza, and parking under the FDR. There is not parking in front of the school. NYPD will be actively patrolling the front and booting cars parked there.
Public Transit: The N,R,4,5,6 and the M15SBS, M34, M23 are all within easy walking distance.
If you're coming from Brooklyn or LIC we recommend the East River Ferry.
FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Passes for our educational camp and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
Buy 1 or more
Buy 5 or more
Buy 20 or more
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- We use the 1st and 2nd floors at UNIS with clear boundaries of our designated camp space, including UNIS' amazing outdoor playground on the East River.
- Instead of the Breadmaking Studio, we are bringing back our very popular Sushi Studio for the second year.
- More space and equipment for outdoor sports! With international campers, we find that soccer is very popular at this location.
- Inflatable Obstacle Race (S&K Ninja Warrior) in the AM, Inflatable Water Play in the PM
- Water Play is guaranteed to be available on hot days! We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- This location requires additional paperwork to be submitted before your first day of camp. Please check the online orientation for more information.
- Our host school maintains their security during the summer. As you arrive, there is a check point - be prepared to show ID!
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, sushi, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
RECREATIONAL SUMMER CAMP FEATURES
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Recreational Features. The Director at each location will decide when and how often to schedule each of their three Recreational Features, so feel free to contact your Director or look at the Daily Features schedule below to find out what will be scheduled each day.
Inflatable Slip and Slide- Add some slide to your stride and cool off in style with our (newly redesigned!) giant inflatable slip and slide. Water play is every afternoon unless weather does not permit. All you need is a swimsuit and towel to participate!
Gaga - Jump into a fast paced, high energy dodgeball-syle game played in an octagonal pit.
Inflatable Obstacle Race (S&K Ninja Warrior)
This pumped-up pop-up primetime-inspired arena is just the dual duel your camper was waiting for! Side-by-side lanes allow for head-to-head battles of Steve & Kate’s own Team Chuckie versus Team Kahali, but everyone wins when they’re climbing, tunneling, and bouncing their way through this fun-flatable course.
DAILY SUMMER CAMP FEATURES
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
Check out our Food page for full details on daily snacks and side dishes.
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
Menu details coming soon.