STEVE & KATE'S MANHATTAN - KIPS BAY · DATES: June 20 - August 16, 2019 · ADDRESS: United Nations International School, 24-50 FDR Drive, New York
MANHATTAN - KIPS BAY Summer Camp
I became a Self-Director at Steve & Kate's because I was a kid who needed a camp like this. Kids have every right to be exactly who they want to be, even if it doesn't fit a mold sometimes. Here at Kips Bay, we create a safe space for kids to explore, fail, and try again with a smile on their face. We cultivate a sense of community where campers feel taken care of and heard. This is vital when asking kids to trust us and themselves to step out of their comfort zones. Lastly, I set a pretty high goofball standard, which I challenge any camper to match!
Curbside Drop Off: On campus parking is limited to UNIS approved vehicles but there is limited street parking, parking at Waterside Plaza, and parking under the FDR. There is not parking in front of the school. NYPD will be actively patrolling the front and booting cars parked there.
Public Transit: The N,R,4,5,6 and the M15SBS, M34, M23 are all within easy walking distance.
If you're coming from Brooklyn or LIC we recommend the East River Ferry.
FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Passes and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
Buy 1 or more
Buy 5 or more
Buy 20 or more
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT THIS LOCATION
- We'll be using the first and second floors only this year. This means more studio space, less stairwell confusion, and regular access to the amazing outdoor playground right on the East River.
- Instead of the Breadmaking Studio, we'll be piloting the Sushi Studio. Get ready to roll!
- Smart Karts in the AM, Inflatable Water Play in the PM
- Water Play is guaranteed to be available on hot days! We recommend that families apply sunblock at home and send children with a bathing suit or change of clothes, and a towel.
- EVEN BETTER Game Room than last year! ...Yea, I said it.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- This location requires additional paperwork to be submitted before your first day of camp. Please check the online orientation for more information.
- Our host school maintains their security during the summer. As you arrive, there is a check point - be prepared to show ID!
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
Activities for every interest.
Whatever your child’s passion, they can push their limits at our camp.
Stop-motion animation, fashion, coding, sushi, sports, music, dance, and so much more.
VG = Vegetarian, GF = Gluten Free, DF = Dairy Free, SF = Soy Free, EF = Egg Free
Check out our Food page for full details on daily snacks and side dishes.
No items contain nuts or nut products. However, some may have been prepared in areas that also produce items with nuts.
Menu details coming soon.