STEVE & KATE'S SEATTLE · DATES: Jun 15 - Aug 14, 2020 · ADDRESS: Bright Water School, 1501 10th Avenue East, Seattle, WA
Seattle Summer Day Camp
I'm Melanie, and I'm here at Steve & Kate's in Seattle because I believe in creating spaces where kids can discover new passions, take charge of their learning, and explore their own awesome potential. As an educator and a parent, I believe that the greatest successes happen when learners are given opportunities to test hypotheses, challenge assumptions, collaborate with others, and think outside the box. I'm looking forward to an AMAZING summer with your family!
SEATTLE CAMP BASICS
Summer Camp Dates
June 15 - August 14, 2020
No camp Friday July 3, 2020.
Need more camp? Day Passes and Summer Passes can be used at any location.
In Washington, we welcome campers between the ages of 4-12.
Please use the circle drive in front of the school for drop-off & pick-up. Free street parking along 10th Ave and the surrounding areas, as well as 5 reserved spaces in the drive are available. Please do not park spaces marked "Gage Art Academy" and "Bright Water Waldorf School." For your convenience, we offer quick curbside drop-off & pick-up each day.
SUMMER CAMP FEES THAT WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE.
- Buy any number of Day Camp Passes for our summer camps and use them anytime.
- Get fully refunded for any unused Day Camp Passes, automatically.
- Fees include lunch, snacks and all hours 7:30am to 6pm.
UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT OUR SEATTLE CAMP LOCATION
- You'll find us located in a beautiful, historic setting. The St. Nicholas Building on Capitol Hill has been designated a Seattle Landmark since 1925.
- Is it hot in here? Pack a towel and swimsuit (or change of clothes) if your child plans to participate in water activities. On hot days -- 80 degrees and up -- we break out the Slip and Slide!
- No grass? No problem. We'll be bouncing, frolicking, racing, and getting our outdoor recreation on when we're out on the blacktop.
REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Important Safety Warning: when exiting the circle drive by car after dropping off or picking up your children, please observe the "Wrong Way" and "Do Not Enter" signs. To ensure safety for all parents and campers, do not exit through the entrance drive.
- Do not park in spaces marked "Gage" and "Bright Water Waldorf School." Steve & Kate's shares the lot with these groups. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Please leave personal electronic devices and valuables (like personal Legos) at home -- we don't want any to get lost or damaged! If your camper absolutely needs to bring a phone or other device, please leave it in HQ so we can keep it safe.
- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION. This provides information relevant to all of our camp locations, including information and videos about how to check-in/check-out, what to bring (and not bring), and so much more.
The surest path towards thriving is if kids are driving.
At Steve & Kate’s, we’ve always believed in following kids’ compasses. Today, our philosophy of self-direction feels even more vital. Campers act on their judgments and fuel their sense of self, develop the drive to adapt, leap and lead. We invest in kids’ boundless capability and credibility. They - and our world - will be better for it.
We can’t say exactly what days at camp will look like, where they’ll go, or what campers will wind up whipping up, but one thing’s for sure: kids drive.
WEEKLY AND DAILY SPECIALS
Each day at camp, we offer at least one showstopper activity from our lineup of Specials. More info on this location’s weekly and daily specials in 2020 coming soon.